FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS PROCESS
In any large-scale software development process the primary concern is information gathering, which is of two folds:
- Interviewing process, where executives, managers, administrative staff and operational staff are interviewed.
- Documentation process; where forms, reports, existing computer programs and databases are prepared based on interviewing process.
Steps in Feasibility Analysis
- Form a project team and appoint a project leader.
- Prepare a system flowchart.
- Enumerate potential proposed system.
- Define and identify characteristics of a proposed system.
- Determine and evaluate performance and cost effectiveness of each proposed system
- Weight system performance and cost data
- Select the best proposed system
- Prepare and report final project directive to management.